The Hollywood Club was incorporated in 1889 for the enjoyment of its members, their families, and guests. Situated in Colton, New York, the origin of the name comes from the former nearby township of Hollywood, New York. The club was originally founded by two groups of men, one each from Boston and New York city. For some years prior to 1889 the gentlemen had been making annual trips to hunt and camp in the wilds of the Adirondacks. At some point the two groups met and determined that they would forever preserve their tradition by purchasing land in and around the areas where they made their camp. So began Hollywood club, and it lives on today with the descendants of those founding members along with new friends and family who’ve joined along the way. Including family and guests, the club is very active throughout the year, enjoying: hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, hiking and cross country skiing.
The Hollywood Club is an organization that seeks to preserve the past, enrich the present and provide a secure foundation for the future. It is our mission to:
Conserve and enhance the Adirondack forest through the proper propagation of fish and game.
Establish and promote an improved system of scientific forestry for the preservation and improvement of wildlife and freshwater habitats.
Assure the environmental, ecological and historical integrity of our lands and facilities.
Maintain a pristine preserve for the benefit of its members for the purposes of hunting, fishing, biking, shooting, boating, wildlife appreciation, photography, painting, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skiing, hiking and climbing, and other such recreational and artistic pursuits.